At present, the demand for same day delivery service has been increased among the people. The logistics industry invented the various innovative methods and options in order to meet all these speedy requirements of the clients. It has actually resulted in the rapid technological advancement. The freight forwarders, shippers, and any other logistics experts are developing the several attractive strategies and techniques to overcome the challenges involved in the process of transporting and shipping the goods from one place to another. This is why it is very crucial that the businesses understand the difference between the LTL and FTL shipping methods.
Understand LTL and FTL:
LTL stands for Less Than Truckload and FTL stands for Full Truckload shipping methods from which you can able to select a right delivery option as you require.
- Full truckload shipping method is very simple as it is just opposite to the LTL method.
- In this shipment, it is palletised and is usually carrying the transports which is excessing of 10,000 lbs.
- In order to get this shipment method for your business, first of all you should have enough cargo to fill up the total truck.
- At the same time, this transportation service is a right choice for fully occupied truck space cases.
- If you want to deliver something quickly or ship delicate and fragile items, you can go for this FTL
When it comes to the LTL method, there is no combination of the multiple shippers and freight forward services. Similarly, there are no stops in transportation to any of its destination. Even though it is the cost efficient shipment method, it might be very helpful in transporting only 20 to 30 products in a trip. If you need transportation service for the fewer number of items, LTL is the best option at all.